Beautiful Plants For Your Interior
407 | Langra Mango
Langra mango, also known as Banarasi Langra, is a mango variety mainly grown in northern India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
This variety retains its greenish hue even at maturity. Usually harvested in late summer, langra is popular in international markets for its extremely sweet taste and smooth texture.
Langra is considered an excellent mango for eating raw, and is also suitable for cutting and storing.
Who doesn’t like Langra mango in Bangladesh? It looks a little rounder and smoother. It’s nose looks down and It’s skin is very thin. It will be released in mid-June. With a weight of 200-600 grams per mango, Langra is known as the king of mangoes. It’s shell has a unique color, an incomparable sweet taste and aroma.
Grains are thin and not fibrous. Langra mangoes grow in almost all districts of Bangladesh. However, it grows specially in the Chapai, Rajshahi, Naogaon and Natore regions. Depending on the production and season, the average price of Langra mango is 70 TK. 100 pieces per kg.
Why It’s called “Langra”
It is said that a fakir cultivated this mango in the 18th century. That fakir had a problem with his feet. Since then, the name of that mango has become Langra. Another story says that in the 18th century a poor man climbed a tree to steal this mango. But for some reason he fell out of the tree. his leg hurt.
Benefits of Mango
- Mango helps in digestion.
- It helps lowering risk of heart disease.
- Mango flesh contains prebiotic dietary fibre.
- Powerful antioxidant helps boost immunity system.
- It helps feed good bacteria in the gut.
- Mango helps improve vision, boosts overall eye health.
- It also helps lowering cholesterol.
- Mangoes help to shine skin of the body.
- It also helps regulate the blood sugar levels.
There are no reviews yet.